It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in building the next generation BlackLine Finance Automation platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite, as well as driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will lead the planning and implementation of test plan and automation strategy for a critical product innovation. You will play the role of architecting innovative technical solutions that will drive test and automation efficiency, stability, and reliability while also strategizing, developing and implementing a comprehensive performance testing strategy for the teams.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
You’ll Get To:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, testing and communication.
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership contribution in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Exhibit strong technical leadership, training and mentorship to other QE Engineers as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers and testers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the design, implementation, and success of comprehensive performance tests and associated metrics
- Consult on automation tools/ techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 7 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 7 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C# (with .NET core and NUnit / XUnit / MSTest).
- Experience in developing business user friendly workflow designers and orchestrators, preferably based on BPMN standard and open source (e.g. Camunda, Activiti, jBPM or Airflow)
- Strong working experience with microservices, RESTful APIs, GraphQL and large-scale distributed applications.
- Hands-on experience with various database technologies.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability, and security.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling and ReadyAPI
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a big plus
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.