Staff Software Engineer, Test
- Woodland Hills, CA
As a Staff Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will lead the planning and implementation of test and automation strategy for multiple teams in Blackline’s core product group. You will play the role of architecting innovative technical solutions that will drive test and automation efficiency, stability, and reliability while also strategizing, developing and implementing a comprehensive performance testing strategy for the teams.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Drive creative and innovative technical concepts to automate workflows from ideation to operational tools that are reusable, maintainable and efficient.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership contribution in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Exhibit strong technical leadership, training and mentorship to other QE Engineers as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the design, implementation, and success of comprehensive performance tests and associated metrics
- Design and drive execution on the detailed test strategy for critical products at Blackline
- Identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, dependencies management, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Execute Quality Engineering forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Demonstrable top-quality experience with integration, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on web applications.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Collaborate with Product and Development technical leaders, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all technical specifications are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 7 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 7 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C# (with .NET core and NUnit / XUnit / MSTest).
- Demonstrable experience with implementing innovative thinking.
- 5+ years of solid technical leadership with strong experience in creating a performance testing strategy, its implementation and in analysis of the results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
- Experience with Performance test development and Continuous Integration (CI) tools
- Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take projects across the finish line.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a big plus
- Prior working experience with firewalls, routers and load balancers preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows is required
- Prior working experience in Agile, specifically SCRUM
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling and ReadyAPI
Back to top