Senior Systems Engineer-Cloud Services
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the services and infrastructure that spans across multiple global datacenters in private and public clouds.
- Design, Build and Run container platforms and supporting automation in a highly available, high traffic environment.
- Monitor and maintain health, performance, and security of all infrastructure components.
- Build systems and perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines.
- Desire to automate everything
- Solve real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Maintain documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation for second tier support escalations.
- 5+ years supporting Unix and/or Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat) and/or Windows
- 3+ years supporting a SaaS/Hosting type critical revenue-generating environment.
- 2+ years working with development and continuous integration related tooling (Jenkins, BitBucket, GitHub)
- 1+ years of experience with container platforms and tooling (Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Helm, Anthos, Istio, GKE, AKS, etc…)
- 1+ years of experience developing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in hybrid cloud and/or multi-cloud environments (GCP, Azure, AWS, VMWARE)
- Experience with software development processes and methodologies.
- Experience with scripting and/or systems programming languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Golang, C#).
- Hands-on problem-solving skills, technical leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in On-Call rotation
- 6+ years industry experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in a 24x7 operations organization, deploying and operating complex cloud infrastructure at scale
- Significant experience with open source platforms and technologies.
- Track record of architecting, developing, implementing robust, distributed online solutions.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible).
- Experience in mixed Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
Meet Some of BlackLine's Employees
Jaclyn D.Account Manager
Jaclyn’s the main point of contact for her customers. She learns about their business goals, shows them how BlackLine can help, and ensures they’re always getting value from BlackLine’s financial solutions.
Back to top