Senior Software Engineer, Test
- Łódź, Poland
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test, you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers.
In this role, you will be testing on-premise and web-based applications and RESTful APIs to support our high-transaction and big-data applications.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Create UI and API automation utilizing tools and frameworks to ensure future automation coverage of all features.
- Drive improvements and provide recommendations by using or creating tools and contributing to the automation framework
- Independently identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, management of dependencies, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- Provide technical leadership to other QE staff as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- In conjunction with leadership, execute on QE compliance objectives and appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Assist with defining and implementing quality standards, processes, and procedures that ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with QE, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all user stories, product definition, technical specifications, and acceptance criteria are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Identify gaps, issues, or other areas of concern, and proactively define, propose, and enact process and workflow improvements to mitigate such issues.
- Coach and provide assistance to less experienced members of the team on the test automation
- Partner with leadership, peers, and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the what and how of Quality within BlackLine.
- CS degree or equivalent preferred.
- Technical leader with extensive experience in test automation for complex multiple technologies (SAP, Web is desirable).
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in test automation using the Microfocus tools UFT and/or QC/QTP
- 5 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 5 or more years of hands-on working experience in scripting using descriptive programming, automation object model
- Proficient in VB Scripting
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
- Full working knowledge and experience with the range of quality concepts and best practices (e.g. black, white, and gray-box testing; quality models; data models; performance; bug-tracking; debugging tools, etc.).
- Experience in SAP testing with working experience in SAP test automation projects is a strong plus
- Experience working with big-data and/or high-transaction applications is a strong plus.
- Prior working experience in Agile, specifically SCRUM, is a must
Back to top