Senior Software Engineer
- Veenendaal, Netherlands
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application and data platform with the focus on ERP integration components. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based SAP and BlackLine components, services and frameworks, including but not limited to the use of Event Bus, API Gateway, Job Scheduler, Identity Management, Search, Workflow Orchestration and Data Integration.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code.
- Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
- Actively participate and contribute to architecture and design of complex problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues (by analyzing monitor functions), bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
- 4+ years of knowledge of Web apps, usage of Cloud SDK’s, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented programming languages – ABAP, C#, Java or C++.
- Knowledge of any Cloud implementation and its consequences.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Fluent in the fundamental OO concepts of the Responsibility Driven Design (RDD), proven experience with designing own OO models, reusable components and frameworks
- Experience in service-oriented architecture.
- Familiar with internet security issues in software design and code.
- Familiar with a significant ERP platforms s.a. SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft.
- Technical influencer in design and architecture.
- Ability to breakdown Epics into user stories
- Experience with SQL, No-SQL, data modeling and transactional flows.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- FinTech or Financial services domain background
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- Ruby on Rails development include but is not limited to:
- Ruby on Rails MVC Model
- Ruby database connectivity
- Basic knowledge in Unix or Linux environments
- Angular development include but is not limited to:
- Data provisioning services
- Microservice integration CRUD model
- Angular screen design
- re-use patterns in Angular
- SAP ABAP Developer functions include but is not limited to:
- Being involved in creating CDS views and service-related ABAP code
- Develop backend services and data provider services
- Get acquainted to the business process behind the software (e.g. Affections with FI-CO is a strong plus)
- Experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and good understanding of cloud-native services
- Experience in Test driven Design and Mocking concept
Back to top