Senior Product Manager
- Woodland Hills, CA
The Senior Product Manager plans and executes projects that identify improvements to and expansion of current products/services that support the company's strategy and goals, primarily ensuring client satisfaction. The Senior PM is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including; gathering and prioritizing product and client requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing, support and implementations to ensure client needs are met.
- Perform market and client research to identify and capitalize on trends, new technology, and regulatory/compliance changes.
- Understand the needs of customers and translate into product specifications, providing clear, concise and prioritized direction to the development team
- Maintain and prioritize a product roadmap and backlog for development. Ensure that new features, products, and enhancements are frequently validated and added.
- Support the product team with technical design, architecture information and any technical details.
- Work with subject matter experts, UX design, and development to define and size new product enhancements. Assist with sprint planning as necessary.
- Coordinate with engineering throughout the development process. Ensure that incremental and finished products align with the product vision and market demands.
- Manage the release process including documentation, internal training, pricing, external communication, and install-base notification.
- Participate in sales & marketing campaigns including client roundtables, sales demonstrations and user conferences.
- Monitor adoption and revenue impact of new features and enhancements. Report on release impact as necessary.
- Track requests from various sources including the BlackLine Community, solution consultants, support, sales, partners and the BlackLine Client Advisory Board
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the BlackLine product suite. Assist with internal training, support, analyst relations, and marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of html and asp.net controls.
- General knowledge of how a web page works and a web page life cycle.
- BA/BS in a technical field or technical background.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- General knowledge of accounting terminology.
- General knowledge of modern web application architecture.
- General knowledge of modern engineering patterns and practices.
- Experience with Agile development methodology strongly.
Back to top