Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Senior Director of Front Office Application is the main IT Business Partner for the go to market (GTM), organization at BlackLine. The Director is a senior member of the IT leadership team and oversees strategy, technical architecture, and delivery of an integrated application portfolio to meet the needs of the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Team organizations.
The Director oversees a team of application analysts, administrators, developers, and testers, managing Salesforce and related adjacent platforms. The incumbent would also be responsible for strategy, roadmaps, and architecture for the Front Office application landscape and building relationships with GTM leadership to become a partner and trusted advisor. BlackLine is heavily invested in Salesforce and leverages Sales Cloud & Service Cloud to manage the majority of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales to account management and support. The Director should have architect level experience with Salesforce and be familiar with the broader landscape of applications related to the platform.
The ideal candidate has experience at the Director level overseeing a sizeable SFDC userbase (500+) at a B2B technology company. In addition to core Salesforce offerings BlackLine also leverages solutions integrated into salesforce from Gainsight, Conga, FinancialForce, Apttus, and other related managed packages.
You'll Get To:
- Serve as primary IT Business Partner for go to market organization
- Provide thought leadership to the company and develop a vision for digital transformation in the front office
- Develop & maintain a documented front office application strategy and roadmap
- Oversee IT service management and operations for the Front Office Applications team
- Manage delivery on tactical and strategic initiatives
- Oversee business process automation and improvement activities
- Provide architectural oversight to SFDC and related managed packages
- Develop strategies for integration between line of business applications
- Map business operations needs to application architecture, design, and implementation
- Manage a technical team of application Administrators & Developers
- Collaborate with the Data team to drive programs around insights, analytics, and data hygiene
- Lead evaluation process for new applications and platforms
- Implement security models and frameworks to ensure compliance with audit & compliance programs; GDPR, SOC2, SOX, and ISO27001
- Partner with IT Leadership to develop process & governance frameworks for project intake, initiation, and execution
What You'll Bring:
- Exposure to a wide variety of SFDC integrations, managed packages, and service providers
- Experience working with go to market organizations (Sales, Customer Team, and Marketing)
- Experience with quote to cash and/or CPQ systems (Zuora experience a strong +)
- Experience with Gainsight or other customer success platforms
- Experience with Apttus or Conga Contracts
- Ability to seamlessly translate business needs to technical requirements and vice versa
- Deep Understanding of processes associated with B2B enterprise software go to market strategies
- Understanding of reporting systems, key metrics, and analytics
- Experiencing leading data hygiene programs
- Understanding of integration platforms, APIs, and web services
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
- Previous experience at the Director level in an Enterprise Applications or Business Systems Role
- 7+ years of experience overseeing Salesforce architecture & design, including Sales Cloud & Service Cloud
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in a business systems or enterprise applications team
- At least of 15 years of professional experience
- Prior experience working at a B2B software company, preferable SaaS
- Experience in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.