Senior DevOps Engineer
- Ensure high availability of a SaaS platform that is built primarily around Microsoft .NET tools and technologies.
- Work with development teams on transitioning to a Continuous Delivery process with automated build, test, and deployment.
- Create and maintain software build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins and PowerShell.
- Automate server provisioning using Chef and Ruby.
- Perform software releases to production and other client facing environments.
- Debug and resolve application and middleware issues.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain operational documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent diploma and/or certifications) with 3-5 years related experience.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Delivery including experience with tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Hands-on experience with a Distributed Version Control System such as Git or Mercurial.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of at least of the following programming languages: C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, Java.
- Experience with common Microsoft .NET build, package and deployment tools and such as MSBuild, MSDeploy and NuGet.
- Experience scripting provisioning of servers, applications, and/or infrastructure in a production environment at scale.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of IIS and Windows Server.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with a subset of: RabbitMQ, Memcached,Redis, Microservices, Consul, Vagrant
- Experience with infrastructure as a code and platform as a service.
- Experience with configuration management tools Ex Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
Back to top