Manager, Software Development-Internationalization & Localization
- Woodland Hills, CA
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
The Manager, Software Development - Internationalization and Localization is responsible for leading a talented, cross functional team focused on the internationalization and localization aspects of BlackLine SaaS. The person in this role will be responsible for designing/modifying and implementing a framework that will enable us to easily adapt our solution to multiple languages and regions without engineering changes. This person will also be responsible for using such internationalization framework to adapt our system to specific regions and languages by translating text and adding locale specific components.
We're looking for people who not only have a strong technical background and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to brainstorm, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integration and user experience. If you don't just see management as the next logical step, but are a passionate, driven leader, you can be a great fit for our team.
- Work with Product Management to identify international customer needs and prioritize them.
- Work with UXD to design localizable interfaces and engaging localized experiences.
- Implement internationalization of product features and maintain core internationalization systems.
- Work with translation vendors and linguists to ensure high-quality translations are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to deliver localization metrics and KPIs.
- Work with the Architecture team to develop internationalization libraries and tools and enhance our in-house localization infrastructure.
- Manage and recruit to a cross functional Agile Team, including Front-end and Back-end Developers to deliver valuable functionality to our clients.
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Leverage your technical and domain knowledge to partner with Product representatives and your team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps.
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.) for senior management and stakeholders, while conveying and driving actionable items to your team.
- Work with the testing team to implement testable code and influence testing strategy.
- Manage budget and resources for your team.
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues on your team.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews and hands-on work in your respective domain.
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent prior experience as a Manager and/or Technical Lead in software development of large-scale web applications, with at least 8 years of experience in your respective domain.
- 2+ years of onsite employee supervisory experience.
- Previous experience leading internationalization and localization efforts.
- Knowledge of international standards like Unicode and BCP47.
- Experience working with localization resources and libraries.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, with a passion for product excellence, talent development and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration concepts and best practices, including full SDLC.
- Strong experience in Agile methodology, processes, and best practices.
- Experience in TDD concepts, methodologies, and best practices (i.e., mocks, spies, unit tests, code coverage, etc.). BDD experience is a plus.
- Experience with technical design and hands-on work experience with C# and .Net stack.
- Experience in modern Database platforms, including such items as data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations.
- Recent experience working with, troubleshooting and tuning across all layers of a modern SaaS, N-Tier, web-based application.
- Understanding of QA standards and best practices, including automation, regression, and smoke testing, white/black-box testing, and related QA processes.
- BS, EE or CS degree is a plus.
Back to top