Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine is currently seeking an experienced Data Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing architectures and leading design of complex data services and capabilities to address complex business issues, as well as providing technical leadership within the Engineering team. The ideal applicant will thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive data architecture and design background that possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
You'll Get To:
- Define core data processing architecture for BlackLine's global accounting services, including data integrations and wrangling, ETL, data streaming and processing, data warehousing, and machine learning data.
- Lead and direct engineering teams toward optimal data architectures in hybrid cloud/on-premise environments.
- Design and build infrastructure and platform components to support complex data pipelines ingesting disparate data from multiple internal and external data sources, and processing.
- Participate in developing machine learning projects.
- Lead enterprise data modeling and governance.
- Provide data-related architecture and design consulting to cross-functional product and engineering teams.
- Manage key architectural data-related standards, best practices, and guidelines working with leads on cross-functional platforms / applications.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to Engineering teams.
- Coach and mentor engineers.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to simplify and accelerate innovation.
What You'll Bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; MS preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies.
- Knowledge of data-related architectural styles and design patterns.
- 15+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development with a variety of languages, databases, data processing tools, especially big data, machine learning.6-8+
- years' experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)Deep knowledge of big data technologies, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc.Deep knowledge of public cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure) Ability to work with all levels within the organization.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Familiarity with UI security.
- Familiarity with major ERP systems like SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, and Workday.
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
USD $199,300.00/Yr. - USD $307,800.00/Yr.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.