The Blackbaud Corporate Marketing and Web Development team strives to provide our internal and external customers with dynamic, best-practice, easy-to-use web experiences.
We are seeking a Web Developer interested in writing code for both the front-end and back-end of our corporate website and additional web properties. In this role, you will work within the Corporate Marketing team and serve the needs of various internal customers including, Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, and more. You will be a member of a growing team that is leading the company in a transformation of our web presence and design.
As a web developer you will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with Blackbaud's Senior Web Developer and brand team to build, enhance, and maintain the company website, collaborate with other team members on major development projects, and continue to hone your technical skills under the guidance of a mentor.
This position requires critical problem-solving skills, multitasking, a detail-oriented nature collaborative style with strong communication skills, and the ability to work and manage projects within deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Members on this team utilize both Mac Pros and Windows computers.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling site(s) as appropriate.
- Integrate site(s) with information systems and perform configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Provide technical support for website problems and maximize website utilization.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new website performance products.
- Advise marketing and programs on best practices to support integration and success of campaigns.
- Manage day-to-day content management and updates relating to the overall maintenance and administration of one or more corporate site(s).
Required Experience & Skills
- Strong abilities with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven experience in designing and building responsive websites
- Familiarity with Sitefinity content management system and various open content management systems (WordPress, Drupal).
- Bachelor's degree required, with course work in computer programming, communications graphic design and/or related areas preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, project and people management skills.
- Understanding of web best practices, responsive design, and current techniques
- Ability to work in both Mac and Windows environment
- Self-starter, self-directed and independent thinker.
- Strong skills planning and documenting complex or simple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to consult marketing team members helping them formulate online strategies and then individually execute.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Strong multi-tasking, time and stress management skills.
- Portfolio displaying sites which have been built by you solely or a team. Please include:
- Team or self developed. If team, what was your role.
- CMS name if applicable.
- Markup language(s).
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top