Technical Support Specialist
Blackbaud is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join the MicroEdge product team. MicroEdge creates software and services company for the giving community. We are not just “in” the philanthropic market space, but are part of the very structure of it. Our mission is to use our market leadership, talent, resources and dedication to drive unrivaled innovation and advancement in giving. We are uniquely able to deliver the best solutions and expertise to organizations to help them work smarter, collaborate more effectively, and achieve greater impact. This role supports the GIFTS/Angelpoints products.
Our Technical Support Specialists work independently and as part of a team to identify and resolve technical and functional questions from our clients. The work is fast paced and varied. This position requires the ability to express concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner to clients and fellow employees. Specialists must have a client service mentality and be comfortable working closely with users at all levels.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the MicroEdge product suite
- Providing quality telephone support to our clients with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness
- Researching, resolving, and responding to customer questions via telephone and email
- Participate in a collaborative team environment with exposure to Sales, Product Development and Management
- Attend meetings and deliver periodic status updates (both internally and with clients)
- Creation of technical documentation – user guides, FAQs or other resource material
Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including telephone support and presentation skills
- Functional understanding of all MS products
- Proficiency in Windows, SQL, HTML, and Citirix.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, with an attention to detail
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills
- Commitment to continuous learning and personal development
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support role preferred
- Experience in a customer facing environment, either in person or over the phone
- Experience working with multiple teams and personalities
- Prior experience with remote support tools preferred
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation + benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, generous PTO and more!
- We practice what we preach with group volunteer events and extra paid time off for individual volunteering.
- We have a flexible working environment and a team oriented atmosphere.
- We have a strong emphasis on personal and professional development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top