Team Manager, Software Development
The Team Manager is a manager who also serves as an individual contributor for some percentage of his\her time, depending on team size and number of projects.
Engineering Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implement important elements of the payments software architecture and application infrastructure. This includes application database design, architecture design, writing re-usable code, components and application functionality.
- Work with Principal Software Engineers to define the application architecture and create software design for key elements of the application.
- Evaluate performance of key elements of the application functionality and tune the performance to cover the range of customer use.
- Participate in the definition of development processes.
- Provide input to managers on the performance of team members for use in their reviews and participates in the interview process of new candidates.
Supervisory responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working with other leaders and managers across RDO (Research, Delivery and Operations) to improve the Software Development organization
- Work with developers and QA to ensure that the appropriate level of testing takes place on all features and that we are releasing a high quality product.
- Guide development effort to ensure that bugs are closed, unit tests are written, and feature work is on-track.
- Performance management of your team members
- Setting goals with regular checkpoints and modifications
- Training and coaching team members
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Agile development expertise
- Background of working on large-scale projects from inception to successful release.
- Must be familiar with architecture and design of large-scale SaaS / cloud services.
- Payments and email never stop. Experience working on mission critical software that is up 24/7 is a must.
- Experience developing and releasing mobile applications.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence.
- Passionate about the success of the entire team
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top