Software Engineer - Blackbaud Labs
When was the last time that a day at the office was accompanied by the satisfaction of knowing you did something to change the world? For us at Blackbaud, that's an average day. We're developing the solutions that help non-profits focus on what they do best; whether that's saving the environment, educating children or solving the world's major health concerns.
That means Blackbaud engineers don't just code, we code for cause. Each and every one of our customers is on a mission to change the world, and as a Blackbaud engineer, you will directly impact those inspiring organizations.
And while we are working to enable the success of over 35,000+ customer organizations, we are enabling the success of our company and our people. We are committed to developing the nonprofit careers of our employees, in all professions, through learning and mentoring programs. And we do it all in an environment that values teamwork, diversity and philanthropy.
This position is based at HQ in Charleston SC -- home of great beaches, food, arts & culture -- ranked as the #1 city in the US and Canada by Travel & Leisure for 5 years running.
About the Job:
We are seeking creative "intrapreneurs" to join the newly formed Blackbaud Labs team. You will work in collaboration with the Innovation Portfolio manager, lead engineer, and our startup team of senior engineers, product managers, and UX designers to craft the solutions that will drive growth 3, 5 and10 years down the road. We are focused not just on the next line-of-business, but how we can "expand the pie" by driving growth of the social economy globally.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated technology leader with both breadth and depth of relevant technologies. S/he will have extensive experience with agile methodologies of development, have a high team work mentality coupled with a strong bias for action, yet always insisting on highest standards. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is to be able to Think Big and innovate through simple solutions that can scale and deliver on customer value.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 2-7 years of relevant work experience in software engineering
Preferred (Not Required) Qualifications:
- Degree in CS or an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Full stack software development skills (e.g. Angular, CSS, Java, .NET, NoSQL, REST, SQL, Swagger, VueJS, AngularJS, React, Sass, Rails, Django, Laravel)
- Experience in applying open-source technologies
- Experience with deploying and operating applications to public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation + benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match and more.
- We practice what we preach with paid volunteer time off, employee giving match, and group volunteer events.
- Fantastic work environment
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- More info: https://www.blackbaud.com/careers/perks-benefits.aspx
Blackbaud is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We are committed to fostering a multi-cultural team environment and encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top