Blackbaud is seeking a Software Engineer to contribute to the development of our web based applications using the latest cloud technologies and Responsive Web Design techniques. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on SaaS-based offerings within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry! You will utilize the full software stack – from the browser down through the database. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design and architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development team embracing our Quality First culture: code inspections, automated unit tests and functional tests, code coverage, and a commitment to completing our goals at the end of every iteration.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase systems and process efficiencies.
- Apply high-level troubleshooting and debugging skills to eliminate problems in current application code.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques and participating in educational opportunities.
- Working knowledge of databases preferably MySQL
- Knowledge of data structures and OOPs design principles.
- Knowledge of web service development (SOAP and/or REST), design patterns, distributed computing, message based systems
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, bash)
- Understanding of SAAS and PAAS models
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Travis, Jenkins, etc
- Experience with build tooling (e.g. maven) and source code management(e.g. git)
- Collaborative, positive, quality-oriented and self-motivating attitude.
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, including agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- 2+ years hands-on programming experience with Java, preferably in enterprise web applications.
- Experience handling cross-browser / cross-platform issues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top