Site Reliability Engineer
Blackbaud is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to contribute to the development of our web-based applications using DevOps methodologies and the latest cloud technologies. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry. You will utilize PowerShell, Azure and web-based technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the nonprofit industry. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design and architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development team embracing our Quality First culture: code inspections, automated unit tests and functional tests, code coverage, and a commitment to completing our goals at the end of every iteration.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase systems and process efficiencies.
- Apply high-level troubleshooting and debugging skills to eliminate problems in current code.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques and participating in educational opportunities.
- Experience with PowerShell, web development, and object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of databases, preferably SQL Server
- Knowledge of web services, design patterns, and distributed computing
- Knowledge of Azure
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages
- Understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models
- Experience with agile software development methodology
- Collaborative, positive, quality-oriented and self-motivating attitude
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, including agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- 3+ years hands-on programming experience
- Experience handling cross-browser / cross-platform issues.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top