Senior User Experience Designer - Blackbaud Labs
User Experience Designer
When was the last time that a day at the office was accompanied by the satisfaction of knowing you did something to change the world? For us at Blackbaud, that's an average day. We're developing the solutions that help non-profits focus on what they do best; whether that's saving the environment, educating children or solving the world's major health concerns.
That means Blackbaud designers don't just design, we design for cause. Each and every one of our customers is on a mission to change the world, and as a Blackbaud designer, you will directly impact those inspiring organizations.
And while we are working to enable the success of over 35,000+ customer organizations, we are enabling the success of our company and our people. We are committed to developing the nonprofit careers of our employees, in all professions, through learning and mentoring programs. And we do it all in an environment that values teamwork, diversity and philanthropy.
About the Job:
We are seeking creative "intrapreneurs" to join the newly formed Innovation Portfolio team at Blackbaud. You will work in collaboration with the Innovation Portfolio manager, lead engineer, and our startup team of senior engineers and product managers to craft the solutions that will drive growth 3, 5 and 10 years down the road. We are focused not just on the next line-of-business, but how we can "expand the pie" by driving growth of the social economy globally.
As a User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for creating solutions that delight users and allow them to spend more time focusing on their mission. We are looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
The ideal candidate is creative, curious, enjoys iterating on ideas and has experience with user centered design techniques. The ideal candidate will also have experience with agile methodologies of development, have a high team work mentality coupled with a strong bias for action, yet always insisting on highest standards. That said, everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- 3+ years experience as an UX designer creating delightful solutions
- Detail-oriented problem solving skills is a must
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong technical/analytical skills – ability to break down complex problems
- Aptitude for understanding human behavior and interactions with digital devices and media
- Experience designing software/web applications.
- Experience with user research techniques
- Proficiency with prototyping and design tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure).
- Professional portfolio samples or URLs should be included with resume submission.
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation + benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match and more.
- We practice what we preach with paid volunteer time off, employee giving match, and group volunteer events.
- Fantastic work environment
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- More info: https://www.blackbaud.com/careers/perks-benefits.aspx
Blackbaud is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We are committed to fostering a multi-cultural team environment and encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top