Senior Software Engineer - Quality
We're looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to help us build the next generation Philanthropic Platform. You'll be on an Agile team working closely with our UX designers, product managers, and other engineers to ensure high quality features are delivered. As a part of the team, you will be responsible for evaluating and testing software components that make up Blackbaud's Ecosystem of Good, and leading the automation efforts using cutting edge tools and processes available in the space.
- Help set the direction, process, and general methodology for automated testing.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Perform object-oriented programming tasks towards maintenance of automation framework
- Drive the estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities.
- Identify, and thoroughly document application defects using bug tracking system.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Work closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with long-term strategy.
- Continuously work to improve product, process, and tools proficiency, for the purposes of company growth, user experience, and timely product delivery.
- Establish and maintain structured testing methodology, especially around automation.
- Collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps in same.
- Participate in all Scrum team ceremonies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with document based databases such as DocumentDB.
- Experience working with RESTful Services and APIs.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Skilled in requirements analysis, including testable and measurable specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially technical report writing.
- Ability to effectively work on project teams.
- Strong desire for quality, and an attention to detail; excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Experience with one or more of the IaaS/PaaS providers is a must (Azure, AWS, etc.).
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top