Senior Software Engineer
Staff Software Engineer
This highly motivated candidate will play a key role in delivering core data services used across the company. Data shapes our world, how we perceive it, and the way we interact with it. We help non-profits put data to use for the power of good. This individual will work as member of a technology team to collaborate with stakeholders to help define, implement, and test engineering systems and solutions to fulfill the company's mission driven objectives. They will adhere to and help drive engineering best practices with in their own team and teams they partner with. This position is part of the Core Services engineering team.
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Owner, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new mission driven business solutions
- Work in agile development environment with a team of highly motivated employees
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements
- Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding
- Creating design documentation
- Adhere to and drive engineering best practices and work collaborate with other engineers using TDD and paired programming.
- Facilitating design and code reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, implementation, or potential problems
- Present technical solutions to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Technical mentorship of more junior members on the team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in Object Oriented software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services
- Expert Java or C# developer with design experience
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions and solving data problems using a wide variety of technologies and cloud services
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test technologies
- Experience with Microsoft and open source technologies
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top