Senior Software Engineer
Developing the platform to power a global giving community!
At Everyday Hero, relationships with our users is at our core. We’re the future of philanthropy….
Our users care about the community around them and contribute in many positive ways. As a global community, our mission is to provide access to millions of opportunities to make a difference and measure the combined impact of their efforts.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help continue the evolution of our platform towards loosely coupled, highly scalable services. Working as part of an autonomous cross-functional team, you work hard to delight your customers – be they external audiences, or other engineering teams inside the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years experience writing software professionally in several languages
- Designed high-throughput distributed systems
- A preference for well-tested, composable modules
- A solid understanding of Domain Driven Design and event-sourcing.
- Strong opinions about the long and short term implications of service boundary decisions
- Strong opinions about API design, versioning, protocols
More about you…
- Everyone knows that you’re going to see any task through to the best of your ability.
- You have fun with your work and with your co-workers.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job as a developer and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it.
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience in systems or functional languages (Erlang / Scala / Golang)
- Data analysis
- AWS technology offerings
- Deliver quality, unit-tested services as part of a cross-functional product team
- Contribute to a fault-tolerant, high-performance platform experience.
WHY WORK WITH US?
What We Offer:
- A driven, talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through an innovative technology platform. You are never left wanting for inspiration.
- An opportunity to inspire social action and measure impact.
- As part of the NASDAQ listed Blackbaud Inc., you get the benefits of a start-up environment, cushioned by a large companies’ capacity.
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits.
- Brisbane, Australia location, supporting a global platform
You have to be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to get your hands dirty and help build a growing business. You’re the future of giving and you need to be ready to empower the masses…you ready?
Back to top