Senior Security Engineer
Blackbaud is the leading provider of software solutions to the global philanthropic community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
We are looking for a savvy, high-performing Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of company-wide information security toolsets and the protection of Blackbaud's and Client's information. Security Engineers diligently investigate anomalous events and alerts, detect malicious activities, reverse engineer malware, and write signatures and scripts for various security tools to defend against malicious activity. The Security Engineer provides reports to management regarding the negative impact to the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information. The Information Security Engineer is primarily involved in the analysis, reverse engineering, troubleshooting and resolution of complex threats that impact the information security infrastructure at the data, application, service, operating system, and network levels
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and use techniques, process, procedures, and utilities for assessing risks to the company's information systems
- Work with both internal and external resources to conduct security audits, address gaps, and ensure compliance with regulatory and industry requirements
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Provides consultation, guidance, and assistance to Senior Security Engineers and Architects on the design, implementation, and operation of appropriate technical, physical, and administrative controls to ensure the protection of the company's sensitive information systems
- Lead incident response engagements for data breaches in large and highly complex. Ability to serve as a technical, hands-on, lead for major incident response investigations.
- Actively monitor systems and networks for intrusions
- Identify security flaws and vulnerabilities
- Perform security audits, risk analysis, network forensics and penetration testing
- Perform malware analysis and reverse engineering
What we'll want you to have:
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in IT Security and threat detection.
- Well-developed analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills and demonstrated creative problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with forensic techniques and the most commonly used forensic toolsets, such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, and open source forensic tools.
- In-depth understanding of major operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Mac OSX) and file systems (e.g. NTFS, EXT3/4, HFS+).
- Experience with conducting log analysis of Windows Event Logs, Apache, IIS, and firewall logs.
- Ability to conduct malware analysis.
- Experience with command line tools (grep, sed, awk, powershell), python, and other programming languages.
One or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Penetration Tester (CPT)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE)
- Certified Reverse Engineering Engineer (CREA)
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café.
- How many times have you been asked, what do you do for a living? Here at Blackbaud, we ask why instead of what. We work on issues that impact the world, including improving education, health and the environment. Imagine if you knew that your work can make a direct impact on making the world a better place? We are always looking for incredible, mission-driven individuals to join our team.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top