Senior Product Manager
We are not just "in" the philanthropic market space, but are part of the very structure of it. Our mission is to use our market leadership, talent, resources and dedication to drive unrivaled innovation and advancement in philanthropy. We are uniquely able to deliver the best solutions and expertise to organizations to help them work smarter, collaborate more effectively, and achieve greater impact. The Sr. Product Manager, Community Foundations, will have an understanding of Community Foundations, endowment accounting and technology to design and develop software solutions to solve the greatest needs for Community Foundations.
We're a small company achieving an outsized impact —and having the best and brightest people makes it possible. Working at Blackbaud requires you to challenge the status quo. As part of the team, you'll interact with people at every level in the company and gain incredible know-how. We'll expect you to step outside the box, and go beyond your job description to do the unexpected and the exceptional. The pace is fast and the learning is constant.
The Product Management team is charged with optimizing product line contribution. The responsibilities include increasing the profitability of existing products through retention, new sales and pricing efforts, and developing new products for the philanthropic sector. We harvest product ideas internally and from the market; our ideas are built on industry outreach and ideation sessions with clients and prospects. The team possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They enjoy spending time with clients to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The team has a demonstrated passion for products, a natural curiosity that drives them to become an expert user of products they rely on.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Actively manage outreach to Community Foundation customers regarding product performance and future product plans
- Work with Blackbaud product management and product development to implement Next Gen Community Foundation software
- Drive development of business cases as a part of the Road Map and Vision exercises
- Manage the user story gathering process across an team of stakeholders and internal resources including product managers, Professional Services, clients, while incorporating competitive information and technology resourcing capacity
- Verify customer acceptance and commercial viability of new features, engaging Subject Matter Experts and customers for new and proposed features
- Work with developers and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity and quality
- Ensure user acceptance testing for all new features and be responsible for final approval for all new features before being accepted into production
- Develop and maintain strong & productive relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions for internal stakeholders
- Prioritize the backlog of enhancements and bugs based on ROI and dependencies with other product managers and development teams
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or technical domain
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience managing software products
- Proven success in defining, building, and releasing software-based offerings that drive customer or end-user ROI
- Experience working with Agile software development processes and development teams
- Strong sense of personal accountability with ability to juggle competing priorities
- Team player with ability to work effectively across departments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas
- High level of attention to detail
- Pragmatic marketing certified / familiarity with pragmatic marketing methodology (preferred)
- 2+ years working with (fund) accounting principles preferred
- 2+ years of working for or closely to a Community Foundation; other Foundation experience welcome
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation + benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match and more.
- We practice what we preach with paid volunteer time off, employee giving match, and group volunteer events.
- Fantastic work environment
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top