Senior Oracle DBA
As a DBA at Blackbaud, you will work in an exciting and dynamic organization that supports the world's largest non-profit organizations. As part of a mature team, you will be called on to work closely with teammates to help provide solutions to a wide range of database issues in a vibrant organization that seeks to achieve the absolute highest quality results for our clients. This position requires Oracle DBA experience in both hosted and cloud environments. In addition, experience with other cloud-based database services will be given extra consideration.
Provide senior-level DBA support to a broad range of database and cloud technologies. The technologies and platforms will include a mix of Unix, Azure/AWS, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Azure SQL.
Perform administrative activities related to both hosted and cloud environments such as:
- Installing database software
- Creating databases and meta-data/schemas
- Administering cloud instances
- Managing backups and restores
- Participating in a regularly recurring on-call rotation with other DBAs
- Participating in all compliance-related audits
- Working with Software engineers in all database-related activities
- Monitoring and tuning (database server/instance performance tuning, database-related component tuning, and product-specific query tuning).
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Over 8 years' experience in Database Administration
- Experience working in public cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, or Oracle)
- Last 4 years' experience must have been as a production Oracle DBA in an Enterprise environment using Oracle 10g and 11g.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate replication service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be comfortable working at the Unix command line level (do you think in vi)?
- Competent with either Perl or shell scripting
- Able to work flexible hours as required by business priorities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Postgres (PostgreSQL) database administration.
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard.
- Experience supporting a web hosting environment.
- Production experience with systems-level database administration in a high transaction environment.
- Competent with both Perl and shell scripting.
- An awareness of scalable automation technologies, i.e., Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top