Senior Front End Engineer
We are a Java based development studio located at the Domain in north Austin. Our engineering department's primary goal is to provide our clients with powerful non-profit software solutions.
Blackbaud's clients have diverse needs and we are tasked with ensuring the solutions we provide not only integrate with varying APIs but also different platforms.
Assembling a unique group of engineers with diverse backgrounds allows us to achieve our mission of utilizing new technologies to improve our clients' viability in their specific arenas.
We're a culture that feeds off the passion of our non-profit clients and we are looking for an individual who can share in that same ideal. Open-mindedness, humility, honesty, selflessness, confidence and the ability to work and lead calmly under pressure are qualities that we are looking for in our next team member.
As a Staff Software Engineer you will be joining our development team to develop and enhance web-based applications in Java/AngularJS, and working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture and cloud based computing.
Our relaxed work environment promotes open seating, paired programming, cross team collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies and TDD principles.
Staff Engineers at Blackbaud are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
- Implement important elements of the application software architecture and application infrastructure.
- Design and develop software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Champion TDD and Agile best practices for your product team
- Evaluate performance of critical application components and optimize them to assure maximum performance and scalability
- Perform, design and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Contribute to requirement definitions for project design and code reviews
- Mentor and stimulate growth for software and test engineers
- Participate in performance reviews of team members and in the interview process of new candidates
- Work closely with the product manager, quality assurance and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily standup meetings
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of utilizing Java to build robust scalable applications
- 4+ years of utilizing AngularJS to build web-based applications
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional DevOps environment
- 2+ years of experience contributing in a TDD & Agile work environment
- Experience with design and implementation of object structures in relational databases
- Experience working with SOAP, REST APIs and micro services
- Proven history of self-direction and possess the ability to carry out assignments from beginning to end
- Open minded, creative thinker with the ability to balance client requirements, competitive pressures, and technical resource limitations across product families
- Professional demeanor, adaptable to change and possessing a can-do attitude!
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top