Senior DevOps Engineer - Shared Services
Blackbaud is the leading provider of software solutions to the global philanthropic community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
We are looking for a savvy, high-performing Senior DevOps Engineer (Shared Services) who will create, manage and monitor our application infrastructure, release pipeline and continuous deployments that power the philanthropic community worldwide. They’ll work with other engineering and operations team members to develop, maintain, and optimize scripting that creates multiple levels of infrastructure, lead conversations around application implementation, and help make engineering pipedreams possible. The ideal candidate will help define and implement strategy for testing infrastructure/service setup to guarantee a quality stable delivery to development teams.
We practice continuous delivery and work in a consistent (but not fanatical) agile environment. We believe that teams should have ownership of their solutions from inception to delivery, and have built a DevOps culture around that belief. We’re not too worried about experience with a specific stack – instead, we value curiosity, creativity, and experience shipping a real product using contemporary technologies. Our ideal engineer is pedantic about details but pragmatic about decision-making; self-directed in their work but collaborative in nature; opinionated about contemporary software development practices but open-minded to contrasting views. As a Blackbaud DevOps Engineer, you will directly impact inspiring philanthropic organizations such as the ALS Association, Children’s Home & Aid, and World Animal Protection.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building and maintaining the core code that allows Blackbaud to build the repeatable application and infrastructure that powers our continuous deployments and heterogeneous data centers
- Developing an understanding of what it takes to scale our services and reduce costs in both public and private cloud environments
- Building the system that makes it possible for an agile team to easily operate and maintain these environments
- Handling complex tasks like disaster recovery, security compliance and backup processes
- You’ll be working with Blackbaud’s tech stack which is state of the art
- Public/private cloud environments: AWS
- Backend: MS SQL and MySQL
- Webservers: Windows, IIS, AD, DNS servers, firewalls and AD/LDAP servers
- Developing Scripts: PowerShell and Python
What we’ll want you to have:
- 2+ years experience focused in the DevOps specialty and ideally 10+ years overall engineering experience
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including: agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, test-driven development, and Azure or AWS
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
How many times have you been asked, what do you do for a living? Here at Blackbaud, we ask why instead of what. We work on issues that impact the world, including improving education, health and the environment. Imagine if you knew that your work can make a direct impact on making the world a better place? We are always looking for incredible, mission-driven individuals to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top