Senior Business Systems Analyst, Blackbaud's K12 Group
Sr. Business Systems Analysts, Blackbaud's K12 Group
Business Systems Analysts provide subject matter and product expertise and collaborate with Product
Managers, Engineers/Architects, and UX to inform user stories that maximize the ability of sprint teams to deliver solutions that address those requirements and meet stated success criteria.
Serve as subject matter expert for a given product domain to ensure that product discovery efforts are informed by:
- Researching, analyzing and documenting business process flows that reflect NPO Best Practices
- Understanding, communicating, and documenting existing Blackbaud product functionality
- Participating in and documenting domain modeling efforts
- Participating in product discovery and other customer/user research efforts
Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to inform user stories with all necessary detail:
- Assess and document non-functional requirements associated with user stories
- When needed, apply existing UI patterns to functional requirements and create interactive prototypes and other artifacts to communicate functional design
- Add functional design to user stories in the form of Behavior Specifications
- Communicate how the functional design is represented by the associated prototype(s)
- Coordinate with Product Managers to communicate to scrum-masters when user stories are ready for grooming
- Participate in all sprint-related activities and meetings (e.g. stand-ups, grooming, planning, reviews and retrospectives) and ensure that the functional design is clearly represented throughout.
- Update user stories to reflect ongoing decisions and changes that occur during the sprint process
- 3-5 Years experience in a Business Analyst, Requirements Analyst, or Quality Assurance role.
- BS in Computer Science or experience in a related domain (e.g. K12, Small College, etc.)
- Experience in Agile Development or Commercial Software Development
- Detail-oriented problem solving skills is a must
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong technical/analytical skills – ability to break down complex problems
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top