Operations Center Technician
The Ops Center Tech (Jr. Sys Admin) acts as the entry point into Blackbaud Operations, managing incoming service requests and incidents. Detail-oriented and disciplined, the Ops Center Tech is focused on service request completion, incident detection and resolution, and excellent customer service. The Ops Center Tech manages ticketing queues and engages in proactive monitoring of Blackbaud's hosted infrastructure and applications. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction.
The Operations Center is a 24x7x365 environment. Evening, overnight, weekend and holiday work is required.
- Monitor Operations devices and applications for proper operation and performance
- Investigate, diagnose, and take prescribed actions on all operational events, alarms and incidents
- Identify major incidents, restoring services where possible and engaging the Incident Management team when a major incident is identified
- Support Incident and Problem Management activities with device expertise and troubleshooting
- Maintain operational logs all alerts and requests, recording and classifying all related messages; maintain all operational data collection procedures, mechanisms and tools
- Maintain operational documentation including knowledgebase articles
- Address and fulfill basic requests
- Accurately escalate incidents and service requests beyond the scope or responsibility of the Ops Center
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives
- Communicate status of requests and incidents with requestor or relevant stakeholders
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be able to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- ITIL Foundations certification required
- Minimum of 2 IT certifications plus 3 years work experience
- Proven experience in past roles to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and creates deliverables with little direction
- Experience responding to events in multiple environments including Linux OS, Windows OS, or Citrix XenApp environments as well as cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and VMware VSphere cloud platforms
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top