Front End Developer
Blackbaud is the leading provider of software solutions to the global philanthropic community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sr. Front End Engineer to design and implement the front end for a distributed real time application with in memory processing built on Hadoop/Spark/Java. You will be responsible for building a robust system using -technologies like Angular, Java, Kafka/. This is an opportunity to use your skills to contribute to a project that will help promote social change.
- Design scalable frontend components for microservices based product application
- Participate in technical implementation (e.g., coding, testing, debugging) effort.
- Contribute to requirement definitions, project design and code reviews.
- Implement Front End Testing Framework
- Work with a small distributed team in the Boston area
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a software engineer
- 3+ years front end developer experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Must have strong desire to build high performing, scalable, and secure solutions
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Angular
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Proficiency in designing and implement RESTful web services
- Experience in object oriented programming techniques
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24×7 applications (a plus)
- Experience building solutions with AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience working remotely while being in constant communication via Slack
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and completely
- Proven history of self-direction. Ability to carry out assignments from beginning to completion
- Professional demeanor, adaptable to change and possessing a can-do attitude!
- Wants to learn from others and also teach others
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Back to top