Financial Solutions Consultant
We hire smart people who care about making the world a better place.
Our clients are passionate about what they do, and we are passionate about creating the technology solutions that help them do it. Our people are inspired by the opportunity to lead change in the nonprofit space and solve critical challenges for our clients. We offer the support and guidance that our employees need to delight our clients every day and generate the technology innovations that will change the way nonprofits operate in the future.
We reward achievement and initiative and actively identify opportunities for our employees to learn and grow their careers within Blackbaud. We believe you can achieve your professional aspirations while helping to make the world a better place.
The Financial Solutions Consultant will support our mid-market sized non-profit clients and prospects across the US and Canada. As a Financial Solutions Consultant you will help Sales executives gather requirements, demonstrate recommended solutions, and leverage your product and nonprofit market knowledge in support of solution sales.
A Financial Solutions Consultant at Blackbaud is responsible for presenting Blackbaud solutions to prospective customers by maintaining a deep understanding of the Blackbaud product suite, services capabilities, and general non-profit industry technology needs. Solutions Consultants work closely with Account Executives in the sales discovery process, understanding client requirements and translating them into solutions for delivery.
Check-out our video on YouTube to learn more about this position: https://youtu.be/ZPM4lb2UpXA?list=PLbMUkCGZxD69W87qGBLsePOTFoDCvc5WY.
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Partners with Account Managers/Account Executives on qualified Financial Edge sales opportunities and RFI/RFP requests throughout the entire sales process:
- Participating in Needs Analysis and qualification calls with customers and prospects as the solution and industry expert
- Based on needs identified, making specific recommendations as to the appropriate Blackbaud solution(s) to propose
- Delivering tailored solution demonstrations (Virtual and onsite) that address the technology needs of the customer/prospect and paint a vision of how the solution will contribute to organizational success
- Preparing Professional Services implementation estimates and generating Scopes of Work for solution(s) proposed
- Participating in Proposal/Scope Review calls with customers and prospects articulating the solution approach and the value of the proposed solution(s)
- Assisting with the handoff between the sales process and the implementation process post-sale
- Conducts regularly scheduled sales seminars (WebEx and onsite), conferences, user groups, and other Marketing events
- Partners with Marketing and Products, providing feedback on improving existing offerings as well as developing new initiatives
- In cooperation with Sales management, provides training, coaching, and reinforcement of product knowledge and sales process to Sales teams
- Promotes thought leadership to raise awareness of Blackbaud’s solutions (competitive research, market knowledge, industry best practices, etc.)
Requirements: Our ideal Financial Solutions Consultant candidate is creative, energetic, and passionate about presenting accounting solutions with a consultative approach. Ideal candidates should be able to operate under minimal supervision leading strategic account level deals and have three to five years of technical product knowledge, client services delivery, or direct work in the nonprofit industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years in Consulting, Training, or relevant field
- Experience implementing, selling, supporting, or demonstrating accounting software solutions
- Must be comfortable with technical concepts including software applications, databases, networks and the Internet
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Prior knowledge of or experience working with Financial Edge strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, from Executive level to database administrator is a must
- Ability to work on multiple activities concurrently and deliver work on time and on budget
- Prior experience in a consultative environment preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 35%
Our employees are innovators and difference-makers who are passionate about generating change. They see the huge impact their work has on organizations doing “good.” They’re socially involved. They work hard. And they have fun.
Blackbaud is committed to the success of our clients and our employees. We provide a comprehensive benefits plan and a casual environment where smart and passionate people do great work.
Back to top