Director, IT Operations and Support
This leader is responsible for directing all IT Operations and Support functions including IT Governance, Cloud Engineering, IT Operations, and Support in the enterprise. This leader is responsible for governance and execution of IT as a while, effective and efficient delivery, support and operations of all third-party and internally managed IT applications, tools, and hardware used to support all business process across the enterprise. This individual will have solid technical experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skill, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to service delivery. This individual is also responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the IT senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy, and ensures its alignment with the enterprise’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- Sets the mission and vision of the organization to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Leads the development of the strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize and manage resources.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
- Directs support and service functions including technology governance, cloud engineering, end user computing, helpdesk, and operations
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight for all IT governance including IT audit, maturity and benchmarking, process management, vendor management, procurement, financial management and staff development
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, cloud engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
- Leads technology development, implementation, adoption and support for key IT systems including cloud infrastructure, directory services, messaging services, VDI, business voice, call center, collaboration tools, databases, and 3rd party applications.
- Champions and oversees key quality measurement and improvement activities across the operations and support teams.
- Directs the development of sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop a workforce strategy that aligns with the business and IT strategy. Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention while providing an appropriate mix of internal and external capacity.
- Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure I&O delivers value to the enterprise.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to their leadership team and staff.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- 15 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
- Five to seven years of IT leadership responsibilities.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an IT vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Software Quality Engineer
A software quality engineer, Anthony maintains and develops the automation engine for UI testing and manages any quality assurance initiatives that might need attention.
Back to top