Director, Healthcare Sales East
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for a DIRECTOR, HEALTHCARE SALES EAST REGION for the newly formed Healthcare Business Unit. This individual will lead a software sales team responsible for selling traditional Blackbaud non-profit solutions to the Acute, Ambulatory, Post-Acute and Foundation sub-segments as well as play a critical role in launching consumer and population health analytics solutions into the overall healthcare market. Capitalizing on its 35-year history of delivering solutions to promote social good, the Blackbaud Healthcare Business Unit holds a unique position to deliver critical SaaS solutions that enable healthcare providers and payers to deliver on their mission to improve social well-being and the health of the entire population. This position will report directly into the President & GM of Healthcare and have a team of 8-10 sales reps covering the East or West geography in the United States, preferably centralized within areas of high density healthcare markets. Expected territory travel for this role will exceed 50%.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads all regional revenue generation as the DIRECTOR, HEALTHCARE SALES and helps set the strategic direction of the Healthcare Solutions Group in the territory.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to drive revenue, keeping GM and Executive Management abreast of changing healthcare market conditions.
- Leads a team of 8-10 healthcare sales reps for both client sales and prospect sales, manages an extended team of overlay sales team members selling into healthcare accounts in the region.
- Develops and executes a revenue strategy heavily focused on driving new subscription revenue, client retention, and expansion of Blackbaud solutions to strategic accounts.
- A critical member of the Healthcare Business Unit executive team responsible for creating and launching new innovative solutions within the consumer analytics and population health domains and managing the existing non-profit enterprise solution portfolio.
- Builds and retains a high performing sales team. Champions a sales culture of accountability, consultative selling and collaboration.
- Coaches staff with sales negotiations and presentations to new and existing clients. Develops and reviews sales proposals.
- Develops, documents and enforces sales policies, procedures and best practices.
- Achieve new client units and bookings objectives for Healthcare Solutions Group for 2017 and beyond.
- Drive overall pipeline growth strategies across the client and prospect sales team members
- Partner with marketing to develop repeatable programs that drive prospecting, enhance market position and build pipeline.
- Create key prospect programs and strategies to strategically target high value opportunities and drive new business growth.
- Coach sales teams and measure key performance metrics, develops and drives adherence to sales process/playbook and Blackbaud corporate positioning.
- Work internally with marketing, solution development and professional services to develop win strategies and tactics against key competitors in the market as well as to ensure new client on-boarding is best in class
- Work with recruiting resources to identify and acquire new sales talent
- Drive significant revenue growth in key geographic areas to sustain existing client base, accelerate new logo acquisition and enable new sales headcount growth to enhance regional coverage and performance.
- Partner with Sales Enablement resources to ensure an excellent new sales employee on-boarding process as well as ongoing education and resources to optimize productivity
- Partner with product teams/resources to ensure roadmaps reflect capabilities that support new client acquisition
What we’ll want you to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in business administration, sales and marketing or related field. MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 15 years of related work experience in a sales leadership role.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a highly successful sales team, with demonstrated quota exceeding results.
- DIRECTOR OF SALES EAST must be located in territory and outside of South Carolina, with a preference for the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast region, aligned with the high density of healthcare accounts in the Eastern United States geography.
- Experience selling into the healthcare market is strongly preferred. Previous experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS), population health, healthcare data analytics, or non-profit healthcare market sales is a plus.
- Demonstrated success leading, growing and developing sales organizations for sustained top results, particularly in new client acquisition
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve results in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Effective listener.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Strong personal integrity. Ability to build collaborative relationships. Customer focused with assertive, self-confident personality.
- Strong motivator of teams and problem solver who takes initiative and can apply creativity to solutions.
- Superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for continued advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Back to top