Client Services Technician
The Client Services Technician is a critical contributor to implementation teams and works to define, test, and deliver technical and functional solutions to client requirements. This is an entry level role that offers a lot of visibility within the organization. Technicians must have a client service mentality and be comfortable working closely with clients at all levels of seniority.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist clients with complex issues providing advice on best practices for the use of MicroEdge products
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the MicroEdge product suite
- Configuration and setup of MicroEdge products for client implementations using MySQL and Java
- Ability to bring to bear your exceptional technical and analytical skills to solve complex and potentially ambiguous problems, as well as the ability to patiently articulate these options to non-technical audiences (your clients)
- Produce tools, reference materials or training for others within the organization
- Monitor quality and adherence to standards
- Attend meetings and deliver periodic project status updates (both internally and with clients)
- Develop and review requirements, design specifications, QA test plans and provide client test recommendations
- Analyze client IT architecture, system design and training needs and participate in or lead technical discussions with IT and business contacts
- Live on the leading edge of company products and services; must have an ‘early adopter’ mentality
- Make recommendations, give direction to others and perform work fairly independently or with minimal supervision
- Serve as internal expert – assisting other product specialists and groups for training, implementation and troubleshooting
- Occasional overnight domestic travel may be required
- Excellent communicator of both verbal and written content, able to negotiate and influence others to action
- Expert level client services skills, comfort working with high level corporate clients and the ability to respond quickly to their needs
- Expert working knowledge of SQL and a good working knowledge Java
- HTML coding and testing experience in a multi-browser environment
- Excellent operating systems skill set in Windows environments; Microsoft Office super-user
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and technical skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential client and company information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment, preferred
- Experience providing high level service for corporate clients preferred
- Knowledge of the company’s products and application areas preferred
Perk and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation package + benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, generous paid time off, corporate wellness plan and other great offerings!
- We walk the walk with incentives for volunteering, company sponsored events, and more!
- We offer a flexible work environment with a team that is extremely passionate about what we do and the clients that we serve.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Software Quality Engineer
A software quality engineer, Anthony maintains and develops the automation engine for UI testing and manages any quality assurance initiatives that might need attention.
Back to top