Account Executive - Healthcare
Blackbaud was founded on the idea that technology can be a medium for social change. Our mission is to provide software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for an Account Executive II to focus on the Healthcare industry as part of the newly formed Business Unit, Blackbaud Healthcare. As a key member of the Blackbaud Enterprise Sales Team, the Account Executive II will be responsible for identifying and penetrating major Healthcare customers in the United States within our Strategic National Accounts also known as Key Accounts. Strategic National Account customers include non-profit and for-profit organizations, hospitals, hospital systems, integrated delivery networks or IDN's and customer's that span multiple geographies with multiple locations. The Account Executive II must be able to navigate through large, complex organizations positioning Blackbaud's software as a service solutions, professional services and training as a best of breed high-end enterprise solution. Additionally, he or she must be able to work within an overlay sales organization, where all products and services are targeted at the Healthcare customer base. This position reports to the National Key Account Manager. The candidate must also work collaboratively with other employee partners in our larger sales engagements to provide a total integrated solution.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing sales activities to exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Collaborate with Client Success Managers (i.e. Account Managers) to generate additional revenue from existing client base.
- Primarily cultivate and harvest via (calling, following up on leads, prospecting, completing RFP's etc.) into existing and new accounts to broadly establish relationships and Blackbaud solutions.
- Prospect into new accounts to establish relationships.
- Becoming a "trusted business advisor" and establish Executive relationships at senior levels within client accounts.
- Manage a direct quota of approximately $1.0M within your assigned territory.
- Report progress against goals, actions, and elevate account relationship status via National Key Account Manager.
What we'll want you to have:
- 2-5+ years of experience in positioning and selling large, complex software solutions within Healthcare and the non-profit vertical markets.
- Approximately 30-50% travel is required.
- Candidates must live in territory in or near a major airport city or be willing to relocate.
- Experience selling healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM) and/or software sales.
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology.
- Experience selling into non-profits, Federally Qualified Healthcare Clinics (FQHC's), population health, patient and data analytics is a plus.
- Healthcare software sales experience is a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for continued advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Meet Some of Blackbaud's Employees
Amanda spends her days writing the custom code that powers outstanding software solutions Blackbaud’s company clients use to further important causes in the community.
Back to top