Director of Sales
We’re looking for a Director of Sales to lead our mid-market team who’s ready to make an immediate impact and is passionate about coaching and growing talent. The ideal candidate must have run complex sales cycles and mastered consultative processes in addition to having led teams with marked success. This person should be a hands-on, accomplished, quota-carrying sales leader who can think creatively to help us build our growing team.
Bizzabo is the only Event Success Platform. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software enables in-person events to deliver unique attendee experiences through intelligent and intent-based personalized engagement. We help companies measure, manage and scale events towards key business outcomes, empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Forbes, Hubspot’s INBOUND, Dow Jones, Gainsight, Bank of Ireland and Electronic Arts. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 140 employees in its New York and Tel-Aviv offices.
What you'll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain the necessary staff to meet and exceed targets.
- Train new hires on sales process, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Provide leadership to a collaborative, high-performing sales team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers based on expertise in qualification and sales process review.
- Direct sales activities within assigned segment, set expectations, provide guidance, establish accurate plans and forecasts, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales process, drive short-term and long-term results to maximize overall territory growth objectives.
- Participate actively in the sales process where appropriate: partner with the appropriate people within the company to identify, expand, and help close new logos. Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of the company, our products, and services, resulting in accelerated revenue growth while maintaining a customer-centric mindset.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Bizzabo and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and ROI.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, share best practices regarding tools, sales techniques, and account management with peers and team members.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technologies, partners, and competitors; develop proactive strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
- Conduct weekly meetings with all sales reps to review performance and opportunities
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPI) for sales team
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience building and leading front line sales teams for a high growth technology company and 6+ years direct sales experience.
- Experience selling technical products to companies ranging from mid-market to large enterprise.
- SaaS experience is a must.
- Experience navigating legal, security and purchasing processes.
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a Sales leader.
- Proven aptitude to build high-performing teams, close business, build consensus, resolve conflict, solve tough business problems, roll-up sleeves and drive revenue.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships both outside and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate resolutions.
- Strong capabilities in planning and executing account strategy by segment and geography, creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management.
- Excellent communicator; strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving corporate environment.
- Familiarity with MEDDICC is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
- Career growth working closely with our VP of Sales
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
We are a dog friendly office!
Our office is located on 27th and Broadway- a prime area for great lunch spots, train accessibility, and views of the Empire State Building.
We're a company that loves our food. We have a fully stocked fridge and pantry and bi-weekly catered breakfast and lunch.
We have quarterly Bizzabonding activities and lunch and learns where Bizzaboers can share unique talents or interesting things they have learned.
Back to top