Remote Drupal Developer (Backend, Frontend, & Full Stack)
- Flexible / Remote
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role will be remote (outside of the greater DC, MD, VA area) with occasional travel to the client site and Bixal events. Less than 5% annually.
What will you do?
As a member of our tech team, you will work collaboratively with Bixal team members and various stakeholders to design and redesign top notch websites for our clients. Your thirst for continuous learning and professional development is rivaled by your Drupal knowledge. Bixal is focused on leaving the world a better place as a result of the work we're doing. If you'd like to use your coding powers for good, then you should join our team!
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining responsive websites using web development tools.
- Interacts with team to gather, define, and analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy business needs.
- Creates efficient/logical databases.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Design, test and integrate system and enterprise software and multi-tier systems architectures.
- Assist in the configuration of web server settings.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in web design and development including mobile and responsive design in Drupal 7 and 8.
- Experience with migrations from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to undergo and pass a government clearance.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience working with various Operating Systems, including Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and relational databases.
- Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Back to top