Senior Front End Engineer
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
Together we believe in an internet you can see across. We optimize the link so you can own your customer experience.
Bitly is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build innovative, application dashboards used everyday by our customers consisting of top brands as well as our sizable base of free users.
Our engineering team works on challenging, product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to build, ship, and improve our core products.
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—or when not—to use them in a production environment.
- Write clear, concise, and tested client-side web application code that makes use of Typescript, React, Webpack, SASS, and other languages, libraries, and frameworks.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently.
- Have a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows.
- Write clear, concise, and tested code for client-side web applications.
- Be familiar with concepts like immutable data structures and functional programming.
- Have an interest building data visualizations, measuring and improving front-end performance, and gathering and reporting on user-centric metrics.
- Possess detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5.
- Demonstrate concern for application-side security models, client-side app hardening, XSRF, etc.
- Have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's Union Square.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.
Meet Some of Bitly's Employees
Lead Application Engineer
As head of the Application Engineering Team, Sean helps his crew code and create all Bitly's features and services, overseeing deployment from back-end to front-end.
Back to top