The Design Team at Bitly is a small, passionate, highly-collaborative design team with clearly defined processes and an easygoing, self-accountable culture. You should be comfortable playing a central and vital role on our team, setting the vision for new products and features, voicing your opinions, guiding others on your team, solving problems, and producing beautiful, usable products. Additionally, you will need to be able to work within an existing visual system, while seeking to innovate and expand upon that system as our products evolve.
WHO ARE YOU
- An experienced and talented designer with a passion for crafting delightful and highly usable interfaces
- You obsess over typography, color, iconography – and how they do and don't apply to web and mobile.
- You think in visual systems and understand the importance of creating and maintaining patterns and styles that will increase engineering efficiency while supporting and expanding on a strong, clean visual identity.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who believes steadfastly in the validation of ideas against both strategic goals and firm user insights — and who can persuasively advocate for the right decisions based on that validation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3-5 years experience creating beautiful, usable interfaces. Experience with complex, data-focused products is a plus.
- Portfolio that demonstrates an ability to design clean, modern, inspiring pixel-perfect interfaces
- You are equally at home designing for mobile as you are for desktop
- Deep knowledge about opportunities and limitations of code (ability to write CSS/HTML is a plus)
- Ability to collaborate across teams including product, engineering and marketing.
- Solid logic and reasoning skills; you enjoy demo-ing and talking through your designs
- Comfort working in an agile development process
- Fluency with design and prototyping tools
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
It is our mission to inspire people to better understand the world around them. Our vision is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks.
- We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
- 401K MATCH: Invest in your future. We offer a 401(k) savings plan with company match so you can plan for the time ahead.
- MEDICAL, VISION, & DENTAL: In addition to our full benefits package, employees receive 24/7 access to a team of doctors and insurance guides that can answer questions, virtually diagnose or treat you as needed.
- STOCK OPTIONS: We're committed to your investment in us and the growth of our company. We offer stock options for all employees.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY: We're proud to offer our employees salaries that compete with leading companies in our industry.
- COMMUTER BENEFITS: Our HQ is in NYC, but that doesn't mean you need to be. We offer commuter benefits whether you take a car, bike or train to work.
- PAID VACATION: Our work/life balance is important to us. We offer paid vacation so you have time for your other passions.
Back to top