Bitly is seeking mid-level DevOps Engineers to collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build and implement innovative orchestrations tools, information pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our internal development as well as our sizable base of customers.
Our DevOps team works on challenging, product and infrastructure-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide real time and near time analytics for the world’s best brands. We support over 10 billion clicks and 5 Billion uniques per month from every country in the world and on every platform imaginable. To support our scale, our hybrid cloud consists of hundreds of servers, dozens or micro-services and numerous real-time data streams.
As a DevOps Engineer at Bitly, you will:
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs.
- Constantly strive to avoid complacency by seeking new tools, techniques, and resources to evolve our infrastructure.
- Enhance overall platform security by using modern tools to design, test, and improve existing products, and implementing security-focused solutions to new problems.
- Maintain and grow a highly-visible hybrid-cloud solution serving hundreds of millions of users a day.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently.
- Work on a highly motivated team of professionals dedicated towards excellence in DevOps, sharing knowledge, trying new things, and sharing amazing GIFs everyday.
An ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be deeply familiar with hybrid-cloud concepts, including experience deploying production workloads to a large cloud provider (AWS preferred), and detailed experience managing, deploying to, and orchestrating managed datacenter environments. (SoftLayer preferred)
- Have experience implementing and maintaining Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet in production environments (Salt preferred) and be comfortable in an everthing-as-code workplace.
- Have professional-level experience scripting and coding in Python and/or Go.
- Have experience running and orchestrating containers in production.
- Understand how to configure, troubleshoot, and tune fleets of Linux-based servers. (CentOS, or other RedHat-based distros preferred)
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments. (Jenkins preferred)
- Understand security as it related to DevOps, and be excited to create secure and elegant solutions to common problems. PenTesting, compliance/accreditation experience, and encryption knowledge here is a huge plus.
- Have a solid understanding of networking as it relates to moving things around the internet, with knowledge ranging from the browser to the voltage, and a collection of things in between.
- Have a passion for performance, benchmarking, testing, monitoring and logging all of the things. (modern Nagios/Munin experience preferred)
- Have a genuine passion and curiosity towards tech, with a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows, and be willing to work on a huge array of differing technology solutions.
- Have a strong desire to grow, both personally and professionally, in the DevOps field. Individuals that think they already know enough about “This DevOps thing” should not apply.
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
Perks of being part of the team at Bitly:
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- Sherpaa membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Flexible vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Platte, and San Francisco's Mission.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.
Back to top