BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Software Engineer who will join our Blockchain team in the United States or Canada (remote).
- Work closely with different blockchain experts to improve functionality on a variety of projects for multiple coins
- Develop enhancements and fix product features
- Collaborate closely with the technical support team to detect trends among support tickets to identify common root causes
- Develop tooling to automate the detection and resolution of inconsistencies, as well as automate root cause analysis of issues and inconsistencies.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 1+ years of server-side, back-end software development
- Understanding, interest and experience with cryptocurrencies and blockchains
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
- Strong unit and functional testing and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of algorithm design
- Excellent problem solving skills; complexity analysis
Nice to have
- Experience with Bitcoin or Ethereum in a work environment (e.g. previous internship/job at a cryptocurrency company)
- Strong programming skills in Java
- Understanding or experience with MongoDB
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.