VP of Engineering
- Flexible / Remote
Bishop Fox is the largest professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We recently introduced our new managed services product, CAST (Continuous Attack Surface Testing), to the market and we are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead the design and delivery of the product. Built from the ground up, the CAST platform generates a real-time map of our customers’ attack surfaces and leverages advanced automation and expert-driven penetration tests to identify the vulnerabilities that pose a threat to their businesses.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
We are looking for an action-oriented engineering leader who is passionate about delivering software products that help customers solve their most challenging security problems. You will lead a talented team of software engineers in delivering solutions that provide a best-in-class experience for our customers and that support our massive scale. In addition to driving and realizing the product vision, this executive will create a winning culture in Engineering that values accountability, transparency, diversity and gratitude for customers and team. This role can be based remotely and will report to our CEO, Vinnie Liu.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Define and institute an optimal engineering team structure that balances process, quality, and scalability with product velocity and innovation.
- Lead the engineering planning process to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives, timetables and delivery of products.
- Partner with Product and other senior leaders to prioritize feature requests and ensure we’re delivering the best end to end experiences for our customers.
- Promote a culture of high performance and agile product development leveraging continuous integration and deployment.
- Collaborate and communicate with the engineering team and others to drive consensus, build confidence and execute on the technical strategy.
- Drive accountability for delivering on product launch commitments and work closely with the team to resolve issues.
- Recruit, mentor and motivate a team of very talented software engineers and leaders.
- Accountable for continually refining engineering processes, metrics and tools enabling Bishop Fox to easily scale to the next level.
- 10% overnight travel required.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
- 15+ years of experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience leading multiple engineering teams; cyber security product experience required.
- Technical degree from a leading university required, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge and proven track record of building and leading teams that have delivered software products scaling to thousands of users.
- Strong technical foundation with the ability dive deep technically and guide the team to optimal solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus and develop effective working relationships with everyone at Bishop Fox and external stakeholders and customers.
- High general cognitive ability and strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate, quantitative and timely analyses.
- Previous hands-on software development experience required with strong familiarity in modern software development languages and technology platforms.
- Highest integrity and trustworthiness
- Team player mindset
- High level of energy
- Excellent decision-making skills and sound judgement
- An amenable personality
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for developing talent
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision, and organization
- Proven ability to think creativity with plenty of ambition and motivation
Candidates across the country are welcome to apply.
Interested? Apply today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status
Back to top