Vice President of Human Resources
- Flexible / Remote
Bishop Fox is the largest professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
Our business is growing rapidly, and we need a seasoned Human Resources leader who can help build a company that scales with our aggressive growth targets while maintaining our performance-driven culture that ensures innovation, excellence, happiness, inclusion and employee growth. This newly created role can be based remotely and will report to our COO, Bill Carroll.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are a pragmatic, hands-on HR leader who is passionate about building high-performing teams and scaling companies that deliver best-in-class experiences for customers. You will lead a talented team of HR and Recruiting professionals in recruiting and developing top talent, as well as designing an organizational structure that meets the talent demands of the business. This executive will be a team player with business acumen serving as a key member of the leadership team translating corporate strategies into thoughtful programs, initiatives, and policies that guide and shape the future of Bishop Fox.
Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
- Leading the creation and implementation of progressive initiatives, including diversified talent recruiting and selection, benefits, compensation, training, performance management, and employee relations that align with the organizational strategies and contribute to a motivated workforce.
- Ensure a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of a compensation and performance management philosophy and that optimizes the resources of the organization and delivers valued and competitive cost-effective recognition and reward programs.
- Participate in the development of Bishop Fox’s growth plans and programs as a strategic partner by architecting an organizational structure that optimizes profitability and employee growth.
- Lead Bishop Fox’s diversity and inclusion activities and support an overall positive work culture that recognizes the strength and value of building a team with varied and divergent backgrounds.
- Define, lead, and measure our employee engagement efforts across all parts of the organization, and create and implement innovative employee programs that support our foxes.
- Develop an effective succession planning process and Learning and Organizational Development platform to ensure leadership readiness to meet the growth plans of Bishop Fox.
- Create employee retention and engagement initiatives in line with company culture and values; keeping in touch with employee morale and work with the leadership team to ensure it remains high.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, rules, and regulations related to Human Resource functions.
- Drive the delivery of actionable data that supports people initiatives and routinely presents plans and supporting data to everyone at Bishop Fox and the Board of Directors.
- 10% overnight travel required.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least 10 years of executive HR experience; 5+ years of experience serving as the top HR leader in a high-technology product or services start up environment preferred.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing organizational structures, strategic hiring and selection, employee development initiatives, and total compensation programs.
- Strong thought leadership in HR administration with proven capability as a leader and developer of talent.
- Significant experience maintaining a strong cultural identity during periods of high growth.
- In-depth knowledge about local and international Human Resource processes, legal regulations, and employment legislation with successful experience scaling a global workforce (EMEA, US, Canada).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with all levels of employees.
- Disposition to act as both an individual contributor and manager without ego in a team-oriented and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire and connect with people at all levels.
- High emotional intelligence with a grounded, approachable style.
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise
- Highest integrity and trustworthiness
- A respect for confidentiality
- Team player mindset
- High level of energy
- Excellent decision-making skills and sound judgement
- An amenable personality
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision, and organization
- Proven ability to think creativity with plenty of ambition and motivation
Preference will be given to candidates located in the Phoenix metro area.
Interested? Apply today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status
Back to top