Senior Penetration Tester
- Flexible / Remote
Bishop Fox is the largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We protect our clients by finding vulnerabilities and building defenses before the attackers can break bad. From critical infrastructure to credit cards; social media to mobile games; flight navigation systems to manufacturing factories — we’re right there hacking away.
We’re seeking remote, US-based senior application security penetration testers to join our team – and help us build a more secure world.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are a born penetration tester; you see problems -and solutions- in everything. You instinctively know your way around source code. You’ve plundered apps and pillaged networks (legally, of course). You have a passion for hacking that goes beyond a career – it’s a way of life for you. At this point, you may have accumulated a few disclosures, written blog posts, and given some industry talks. If given the chance, you could probably Hack the Gibson.
With Bishop Fox, your responsibilities would include testing various application attack surfaces, hacking networks, and reversing software. Some days, you’ll be testing a client’s UI or enterprise software environment; other days, you’ll be analyzing source code and building threat models. Every day at Bishop Fox, you’ll be learning.
As a senior-level consultant, you’ll solve challenging technical problems and build creative solutions in a client-facing role. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide your expert opinion to help our clients navigate difficult business decisions – including how to prioritize on critical findings. And as a senior penetration tester, you’ll lead small teams on one-of-a-kind engagements, mentor co-workers, and contribute significantly to the advancement of our consulting practice.
Why Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox offers competitive salary, bonus potential, stock options, generous benefits (health/dental/401k with match, PTO/paid holidays, DFSA-HSA-FSA, etc.), flexible schedules, and negotiable travel – as well as a career path that isn’t “one-size-fits-all.” If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally, this is the place. You’ll work alongside some of the most talented and experienced security consultants in the industry.
We have a casual workplace, but we’re consummate professionals.
Your Education and Experience
Our wants are simple: be good at and, most importantly, love what you do. Here’s a list of the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Vulnerability assessments including manual testing to further evaluate the security of applications
- Penetration testing and code review (including DAST and SAST; experience with JAVA and .Net-based environments plus front-end tool familiarity is highly preferred, and/or with Golang or Swift would be even better)
- Understanding security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top Ten) in addition to more modern web app and enterprise app vulnerabilities
- 5+ years of application-focused offensive security experience in supporting a variety of engagements with clients from a variety of industries
- 10+ years of professional experience in the IT Field, including several years of client security consulting experience
- Additional experience in IT, security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, and/or applied cryptography
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Federal and industry regulations understanding (PCI, SOX, GLBA, ISO 17799, HIPAA, CA1386)
- Superior communication skills (i.e., written and verbal) - including the ability to work as a mentor on engagements
- Prior experience with software development/engineering with either a full-stack or backend development focus is highly preferred
- OSCP/E, GWAPT, GPEN, or GXPN certifications are helpful, but not a necessity
- Advanced relevant academic training is a definite bonus, i.e., Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as needed - **current travel is HIGHLY limited due to COVID-19**
- The self-discipline to work independently; as a remote worker, the same will be asked of you as all Bishop Fox team members. We provide all tools/equipment/cell and/or internet & cell stipend
Bishop Fox has always offered its employees the ability to work remotely, and for this role you could work remotely in the United States or out of our San Francisco or Tempe, AZ offices.
Interested? Drop us a line today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status
Back to top