Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Bird’s Platform and Fleet Manager products allow entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world to partner with Bird to launch their own fleet of scooters using our proprietary technology. In addition to sourcing qualified partners globally, the Sales team is also responsible for leading Bird’s global expansion by partnering directly with city governments in order to launch our service.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive who can find, qualify, and convert interested cities into long-lasting partners as well as develop new strategies or acquisition channels for business growth. Senior Account Executives drive revenue for our business by creating long lasting relationships with city officials that allow Bird to launch a fleet of scooters in their market. You are a trusted advisor and partner to our city partners, maintaining a highly consultative approach. If you have a track record of managing and converting high impact, strategic sales conversations within a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
- Source, qualify, and partner with city officials in order to obtain permission to launch and scale our business internationally
- Develop and/or refine new strategies or channels for partner acquisition
- Own and develop complex, long-lasting, trusted relationships with city government officials on an ongoing basis
- Partner with leadership to iterate and create new sales processes or strategies
- Take ownership over a variety of strategic growth projects end-to-end
- Assist in coaching, mentoring, and developing peers
- Meet and exceed all revenue targets, while being consistently above sales activity goals
- Cross-functional collaboration with the rest of the global sales team as well as other departments internally on strategic growth initiatives
- 5-7+ years of individual contributor, full cycle sales or other client management experience
- Experience within a B2B, consultative, government, and/or enterprise sales role is a plus
- Ability to communicate, influence, and persuade effectively
- Drive to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities
- Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative ability with your sales process and outreach
- Consistent track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals
- Proficient in Salesforce
- BA/BS Degree
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.