Studio Production Intern, Spring 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
This is an exciting opportunity for a current undergrad seeking a true hands-on opportunity to work on the production side of shoots. The intern will be directly integrated into a wide variety of projects at Birchbox and will gain professional skills necessary for the future. Responsibilities include pre-production operations, assisting on set, and post-production workflow. This role reports to the Studio Manager.
The Studio Production Intern will:
- Assist with cross-team coordination around shoot pre-production; setting up meetings as necessary
- Build shot lists for product shoots
- Assist on-set during shoots including managing time, shot list cross-check, and ensuring style guide is being followed
- Help with post-production file organization including file renaming, resizing, and handoff
- Handle light retouching as necessary on product images
- Submit and track product requests with merchants for upcoming shoots; returning product after shoot
- Assist with tasking out photo shoots in Asana
- Is currently enrolled in an undergrad program
- Has previous relevant internship experience
- Demonstrates a creative mindset with a strong interest in photo/video and project management
- Has a self-starter attitude, able to take direction but work independently
- Is detail-oriented and extremely organized with a positive, can-do attitude
- Is experienced in using Adobe Creative Suite and Google Docs
- Has working knowledge of Capture One
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top