Sr. Manager, Customer Connections
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop feature more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in six different countries, including France, Spain, UK, Ireland and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Why is the Sr. Manager, Customer Connections important to Birchbox?
Our customer is at the core of everything we do at Birchbox, and the Sr. Manager will play a key role to ensure we are creating and delivering the amazing experience that our customers deserve.
Keeping our customer top of mind, The Sr. Manager, Customer Connections, will also be responsible for the management of Customer Operations Specialists. This includes: hiring, ongoing team development, and problem-solving. The Sr. Manager will also manage the team’s overall performance as measured in Key Performance Indicators and will work cross-functionally to continually improve the customer experience. This role requires proven managerial skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment, an operational mind, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Sr. Manager, Customer Connections is responsible for:
- Building and developing a team that delivers an unmatched customer experience.
- Creating an engaging and supportive environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Leading 3-4 Customer Connections Managers, each with 10-15 direct reports, including full-time and part-time Specialists.
- Recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training and retaining quality Specialists.
- Ensuring statistical and performance feedback and coaching are given on a regular basis to each team member.
- Fostering a close partnership with Manager, Operations and Communication to ensure team always has the tools and information needed to successfully perform their jobs.
- Directing the daily customer experience activities of the Customer Connections team.
- Ensuring managers have the tools and reports needed to analyze and evaluate their team's performance and drive maximum results.
- Consistently delivering on key performance indicators.
- Managing annual Customer Operations budget, including payroll, training costs, incentives, vendor contracts, etc.
- Developing and maintaining all education resources—onboarding, service standards, product knowledge, etc.
- Providing thoughtful insight to customer inquiries; Identifying improvement opportunities; working cross-functionally to improve processes that drive efficiencies and support the customer experience.
A successful Sr. Manager, Customer Connections candidate has:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of management experience in customer care or related field; experience in a call center/start up environment is a plus
- A passion for making customers happy
- Outstanding communication and customer care skills (bilingual is a plus)
- A verifiable and proven record managing a customer service team and achieving goals
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel; Experience with Zendesk and Magento is preferred
- Flexibility with work schedule (hours and days) and is able to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on operational efficiency and continuous improvement
Back to top