Social Media Video Intern, Spring 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
The Birchbox Social Media Video Intern will work directly with all members of the Birchbox content and social media team, especially the Sr Creative Manager; Social Media and Content and Video Manager. Daily responsibilities will center around the planning and production of monthly videos—including script writing, prop styling, filming, post production, and assisting with the management of our YouTube channel.
The Video Intern at Birchbox will:
- Help concept and pitch branded videos, including monthly sneak peeks, makeup and hair tutorials, and more
- Assist filming videos using a DSLR and oversee on-set lighting and prop styling
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere, including cuts for various social channels
- Create props and source products for video shoots
- Shoot and organize video stills and promotional imagery
A successful Video Intern candidate at Birchbox will have:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience filming on a DSLR and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Basic knowledge of lighting and prop styling
- Interest in beauty and knowledge of beauty and fashion videos
** Please note that this internship is for credit only. Candidates should be able to dedicate 20 hours per week during the Spring semester.
Back to top