Social Media Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and social media savvy intern to join our Social & Content team. Our team is responsible for creating social media content that helps to educate and inspire our customers and followers. The team is part of the larger Birchbox marketing team.
As the Social & Content Summer intern, you will help bring Birchbox’s brand voice to life through community management. You will also help our team create content that will live on our various social media platforms. We’re looking for someone who is creative, on the pulse of social media, and able to bring fresh ideas to our team!
The Social Media Intern at Birchbox will:
- Assist in community management on platforms such as: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter. This entails responding and resolving customer inquiries, praises, complaints, and needs.
- Ideate and help create content for social media posts, and campaigns
- Help to track and analyze success of social media content
- Work with influencer partnerships by sending products and tracking campaigns
- Monitor competitor activity across social media platforms
- Aid in preparation for photo shoots and events
A successful Birchbox Intern candidate will have/be:
- Eligibility for school credit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Current student in Marketing, Communications, Social Media, or similar field preferred
- Able to multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment
- Previous social media internship experience a plus but not required
** This internship is for college credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a maximum of 20 hours per week through the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top