Social Media Associate, Community Management (Contractor)
We are looking to bring on board a Social Media Associate to support the Social Media & Content team with community management during the busy holiday season at Birchbox. This is a full entry-level contractor position for the period of November 2017 - early January 2018. It’s a great first or second job with lots of opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a social media & content team and to contribute fresh ideas. A passion for social media marketing is essential.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Community Management on social media channels
- Customer engagement. Our subscribers, fans, and followers have a lot to say! Whether they’re giving feedback on their monthly box, responding to our campaign content or asking questions about products, you will be there ready to answer their questions. You’ll help them pick the right products by talking to our merchants, engage them in conversation and teach them about how Birchbox works across all of our social media channels.
- Customer Operations + support (customer service). Our Customer Operations Specialists goal is to provide an amazing experience for each and every customer during all of their interactions with Birchbox. You will help this team maintain our high standards for customer service on Social Media platforms.
- Crisis management. You’ll help flag any critical issues for customers (and Birchbox) on social media and feed into conversations with PR, Customer Operations and Marketing around how we resolve and communicate with our customers on things that impact them.
- Social media channel optimization
- Working with the Social & Content Video Editor to re-organise and optimise our YouTube channel. Including, re-ordering playlists (and creating new ones), re-writing descriptions, adding tags and reporting.
- Optimizing our pins and boards on Pinterest. You’ll be working through the wealth of our pins on pinterest to make them more searchable for customers and to direct them to the most relevant pages on Birchbox.com.
- Analytics and reporting
- You’ll be using a community management tool (Sprout Social) to engage with customers. You’ll track and report on customer responses, customer sentiment and common conversation themes that we see.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top