Skincare Merchandising Intern, Spring 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
As the Merchandising Intern, you will work closely with the Merchants and Merchant Associates to explore the sales process. You will provide support in a variety of different tasks, from sample organization and product testing to systems management and brand research. We work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where there is never a shortage of engaging, exciting work to take charge of!
The Merchandising Intern at Birchbox will:
- Update account information in Salesforce (contact information, current status/next steps, brand details)
- Log notes in Salesforce during brand calls
- Identify missing contact information (using LinkedIn, Google, etc) for new/dormant brands & entering information into Salesforce
- Organize the sample closet
- Assist Associates in managing samples/products between warehouse/cross teams
- Manage conference room scheduling conflicts
- Proof-read decks & print materials for in-person meetings
- Manage sending boxes to brands using UPS
- Be responsible for other ad hoc Merchant projects as needed
A successful Merchandising Intern candidate at Birchbox should:
- Be currently enrolled in a college or University program and be eligible to receive credit for internships
- Be a self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Have an interest in the beauty industry and in a client-facing role
- Own the mentality that "no job is too small"
- Be approachable and positive
- Show a genuine interest and understanding of the Birchbox value proposition
- Previous internship experience in an office environment preferred, but not required
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate apprx. 20 hours per week throughout the Fall semester.
Back to top