Senior Marketing Manager, Birchbox UK (Contract)
Senior Marketing Manager, Birchbox UK (Maternity Cover Contract)
Birchbox UK is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Manager with strong digital marketing expertise to cover a Maternity leave. We need an inspirational leader to own cross-channel marketing strategy through to day to day execution. This is a Maternity Cover contract with a desired start in early November. You will report to the UK Managing Director and manage two direct reports.
Your Responsibilities would include...
- Define and manage cross-channel digital marketing strategy, optimising paid performance and monitoring CPA / budget across social, PPC, retargetting, affiliates, etc.
- Measure, test, analyze, and report weekly and monthly customer acquisition, sales, CPA, and ROI of new initiatives as well as qualitative learnings to fuel future ideas and continuous improvement (using Google Analytics, SQL, Magento)
- Oversee CRM strategy and performance (subscriber acquisition, retention, ecommerce activation, loyalty program, lead generation) as well as on-site assets and marketing copy
- Work collaboratively with PR, Social, Editorial, Creative, Brand, and Tech teams to deliver integrated, impactful monthly campaigns with engaging content that build the Birchbox brand and drive demand
- Liase with Operations & Customer Service to ensure effective and efficient support for marketing initiatives and limit customer confusion / outreach
- Assist with business development, leading and managing new projects and partnerships for Birchbox to meet new audiences and build our brand
- Develop select offline campaigns (London Underground, Press Advertising, Radio etc)
- Forecast / reforecast subscriber growth and ecommerce sales
- Manage Marketing Team: support and coach to ensure effective day to day execution and contribute to career development and growth of two direct reports
Your qualifications should include….
- Educated to degree level – minimum 2:1 from a top ranked University
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital marketing for ecommerce business
- Experience managing large marketing budget and optimising CPA across paid channels
- People / team management experience
- Proficiency with Excel and strong analytical skills required
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and SQL preferred
- UK beauty industry expertise preferred
… Focus on the customer and create a great experience at every touchpoint
… Have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment
… Are a positive team-player who thrives on challenges, the opportunity to work with your teammates to problem solve, and have the mindset that no job is too small
… Are analytical and data-driven; you love using stats and numbers to make decisions and prove your point
… Are a stickler for the details – you pride yourself on the quality of your work and don’t send anything out without triple-checking
… Are a planner and an organizer. You make spreadsheets for everything and are already setting multiple reminders for things that need to get done six months from now
… Convey excitement and passion in everything you do, so much so that others comment on it
Birchbox is a disruptive company that is changing the way people discover and shop for beauty. We combine a personalised subscription service that delivers high-end samples directly to our members with an online magazine and ecommerce shop. Our platform provides our brand partners with a more effective way to access customers. Birchbox was founded in September 2010 in New York, and extended to Spain, France, and the UK in September 2012. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. In the UK, we are a small, passionate team based in Mayfair. We are growing fast and there are tremendous opportunities for driven, enthusiastic individuals. If you'd like to help build an exciting business (and have fun along the way), this could be the place for you.
Back to top